Affected Council Services
Blue Badge and concessionary bus passes - There will be some delay to the processing of Blue Badge and other concessionary bus pass applications, and dealing with enquiries, due to the change in working arrangements.
The Customer Services Centre is not able to process paper applications at this time. Blue Badges and older persons' concessionary bus passes can be applied for online. Applications for disabled persons' concessionary passes can only be accepted by email at this time.
From 24th March until further notice all concessionary pass holders whose journey starts in Leicestershire may travel for free on local bus services before 9.30am – passes will still need to be presented to the driver or ticket machine as normal. Passengers are advised to practise social distancing whilst on board, and to wash their hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitiser when they disembark.
Childrens' Centres are closed until further notice.
Communities Fund - LCC have established a £1m fund to support the local voluntary and community sector, during the current Coronavirus pandemic.
Supporting communities has never been more important.
Charities, constituted voluntary and community organisations and social enterprises can apply for a maximum of £25,000 for support with the following activities:
- Support for core running costs - for organisations who have experienced a loss of income due to services closing or operating at a reduced level and where this may lead to the permanent closure of the organisation
- Extra staffing - capacity required to meet existing/current or increased demand for services, to support vulnerable people during the crisis
- Adapting services - the need to rapidly adapt current service delivery models to maintain contact with service users
- Equipment - funding for essential ICT, safety (such as PPE) or other essential equipment
- Transport - funding for use of vehicles, transport, fuel etc. to enable visits to service users
- Expenses - funding for increased expenses costs such as reimbursing travel costs for staff/volunteers who need to visit service users, if it safe to do so, in their home or in other locations
- Other - anything else deemed acceptable in relation to the criteria for the Fund
You can find out more and apply for a grant online on the Leicestershire Communities website .
Park and Rides are closed until further notice.
Registrars - Focusing on the health and wellbeing of LCC staff and customers is our top priority. In line with national guidance and government recommendations we have taken steps to reschedule services we provide where possible.
Following the Prime Minister's announcement on 23 March 2020, all ceremonies will be suspended (including weddings), effective immediately.
The registration of births is currently suspended but there are special provisions in place so that you can put in a claim for a child benefit and any tax credits without registering the birth.
From 30 March 2020 registrations for deaths will move to a telephone basis. Your doctor or hospital will send the medical certificate to the registration service electronically and LCC will contact you to make a telephone appointment, complete the registration and issue the green form for burial or cremation electronically. Death certificates will be posted to you and you will be asked to make payment for these on the telephone at the time of registration.
Following the changes to legislation regarding Covid-19 and the suspension of Citizenship Ceremonies, please note that there has been an extension to the period in which you should have your ceremony from three to six months.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your citizenship ceremony, wedding, civil partnership or registering a birth, please get in touch with the registrars team directly on 0116 305 6565 or use the form.
You might also be interested in:
All parents and carers are politely asked to note that although you will be able to continue to make a mid-term (in-year) application, your application will now be held on file until the Government/DfE issue further guidance to confirm the full re-opening of all schools.
Applications from parents and carers wishing to make a late Year 7 transfer application for any reason, for entry Autumn 2020, will be processed as best LCC are able during the current school restrictions.